Coffee Cupcakes Recipe for This Christmas
1 Cup Maida/ flour
1 tsp Baking powder
3/4 Cup Sugar, powdered
1 1/2 Tbsp Cocoa powder
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
5 Tbsp Butter (if you are using unsalted butter, add 1/4 tsp salt)
3/4 Cup Milk
1 Tbsp Coffee powder + 1 tsp water, to make a paste
How to Make
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C. Line the cupcake moulds with paper cupcake liners.
- In a bowl sift Maida, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar.
- Add in softened butter, vanilla essence, coffee paste and milk till a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the moulds and bake at 180 degrees until done. (Approximately 15-20 minutes)
- You check if they're done by inserting a toothpick into the cupcake. If the toothpick comes out clean, it means it's done.
- Take the cupcakes out of the oven. Let them cool entirely. Note: Do not frost them unless they are completely cool as the frosting will start to melt.
- You can frost the cupcakes with mascarpone cheese with a shot of whiskey or some coffee butter cream. Here, coffee cream cheese frosting has been used.